TED Prize Winner Jamie Oliver Plans to Change the Way We Eat!
He's my favorite chef, and now he's on-board with my favorite mission. Winner of the prestigious TED Prize for 2010, Jamie Oliver plans to start his own Food Revolution, and needs your help. Here's the plan as outlined by the TED Prize:
Set up an organization to create a popular movement that will inspire people to change the way they eat. The movement will do this by establishing a network of community kitchens; launching a travelling food theater that will teach kids practical food and cooking skills in an entertaining way and provide basic training for parents and professionals; and bringing millions of people together through an online community to drive the fight against obesity. The grassroots movement must also challenge corporate America to support meaningful programs that will change the culture of junk food.
- Help to establish the organization, with funding, office space and facilities.
- Find partners to equip and run the community kitchens, and food suppliers to provide the fresh ingredients.
- A partner to build and maintain a fleet of food theatre trucks.
- Education experts, graphic designers, artists and writers to develop and produce creative, fun teaching materials.
- Communications experts to create messaging for the movement.
- Web designers and developers to create and build the website.
- Establishment of a food line that generates a sustainable income for the movement.
- Corporate partners to invest in cooking and food education for their customers and champion honest food labelling.
- Your names added to the petition to challenge our leaders to make change now: www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com/petition